Arts & Wellness Grants
Utilizing the arts to improve health.
Arts & Wellness Grants support programs and projects that address health issues by utilizing creativity as a tool to enrich lives. This grant program from the Greater Hartford Arts Council is intended to assist organizations in fulfilling their missions, while raising the visibility and understanding of the impact of art. This year’s grant program will focus on projects that will enrich the lives of adults with physical disabilities and their families, providing arts programming that is sensitive and responsive to the unique experiences and needs of this group.
These grants fund creative projects and programs by arts, heritage, cultural and social service organizations within our 34-town service area. Grants are funded by the Greater Hartford Arts Council's United Arts Campaign and with major support from UnitedHealthcare.
About Arts & Wellness Grants:
- Four $2,500 grants will be awarded annually
- Applications must be preceded by an Intent to Apply form and adhere to current guidelines. Please download and review current guidelines before submitting intents to apply or a formal application.
- Once submitted, applications undergo a rigorous panel review process (see The Grant Process). Panel recommendations are sent to the Arts Council's Board of Directors for final approval.
- The involvement of professionally trained, experienced artists (e.g.: art therapists, music therapists, drama therapists, etc.) and/or an arts organization is essential.
- Grants will be awarded in January 2017 will be for programs taking place between February 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018.
Contact José Feliciano, Manager of Granting Programs at 860-525-8629 ext. 245 or JFeliciano@LetsGoArts.org.
Arts & Wellness Grant Application Attachment Form A- Budget
Deadlines & Timeline
Intent to Apply due date EXTENDED October 6, 2016
Applications due October 27, 2016
Award notification in January 2017
Late applications are not accepted.
Read the News Release
2016 Award Recipients