The "spark" that drives arts innovation.
Recognizing the amazing ability of the arts to drive change in our region, Ignition Grants give local arts organizations the power to develop revolutionary new ideas. Ignition Grants fuel the research, design and execution of new strategic plans to support arts and cultural organizations as they strive to create unique and innovative solutions that go beyond "business as usual"—delivering exciting, cutting-edge programs that reflect the creative spirit of our community.
These grants support organizations within the 29-town region of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving who have a primary mission of presenting arts programs. Social service organizations with a distinct department/program that delivers dynamic cultural programs may be considered. Grants are funded by the Greater Hartford Arts Council's United Arts Campaign with major support from the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.
About Ignition Grants:
- Grant funds may be used for initiatives that will increase sustainability, raise organizational profiles and build the capacity necessary to produce cutting-edge work.
- Funding supports critical stages of an organization's life cycle. Applicants will be divided by “age” to fund initiatives that are most relevant to their “growing pains.”
- Applications must be preceded by an Intent to Apply form and adhere to current guidelines. Please download and review current guidelines before submitting Intent to Apply form.
- Only applicants approved through the Intent to Apply process may submit an application.
- Once submitted, applications undergo a rigorous panel review process (see The Grant Process). Panel recommendations are sent to the Arts Council's Board of Directors for final approval.
Contact José Feliciano, Grants Administrator, at 860-525-8629 ext. 245 or JFeliciano@LetsGoArts.org.