Hartford Community Access Grants
The Greater Hartford Art’s Council’s Hartford Community Access Grant program, made possible by support from the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, is designed to provide greater access to the arts for individuals, families, and communities throughout Hartford neighborhoods. Funding small, public events such as concerts, celebrations and performances, this program recognizes the importance of work being done by local organizations to bring the arts to all citizens of Hartford. Organizations representing marginalized, disadvantaged, or underrepresented communities including, but not limited to: low income communities; immigrant and refugee communities; women; LGBTQ+ communities; veterans; the disabled; the ethnically diverse including people of color; and everyone else who is underrepresented in our everyday spaces are encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to organizations that have not been funded by the Arts Council in the past 2 years.
Need funding for a larger event? Learn about our Hartford Events Grants program.
About Hartford Community Access Grants:
- The Hartford Community Access Grant program funds small and emerging 501(c)3 organizations with operating budgets of $100,000 or less to host small, community-based events.
- Organizations may apply for $500 to $1,000 in funding for high quality arts-focused events with budgets up to $2,500. Arts Council funding cannot exceed 50% of the overall project budget. All approved applications will receive the full amount of funds requested.
- Applications must be preceded by an Intent to Apply form and adhere to current guidelines. Please download and review current guidelines before submitting an Intent to Apply form.
- Only applicants approved through the Intent to Apply process may submit an application.
- Once submitted, applications undergo a rigorous panel review process (see The Grant Process). Panel recommendations are sent to the Arts Council's Board of Directors for final approval.
Contact José Feliciano, Grants Administrator, at 860-525-8629 ext. 245 or JFeliciano@LetsGoArts.org.
Join us on Thursday, June 1st to learn more about the Hartford Community Access Grants program. RSVP below!
Guidelines & Forms
Community Impact Goals & Indicators
2017 Intent to Apply Form
Deadlines & Timeline
Information Session: June 1, 10-11 AM
Intent to Apply due date June 22, 2017
Applications due July 20, 2017
Award notification in late Sept. 2017
Late applications are not accepted.
Join us for an information session to learn about our newest grant program, Hartford Community Access Grants!
Hartford Community Access Grants Info Session: