Supporting critical operational needs.
Funded by the Greater Hartford Arts Council's United Arts Campaign, Charter Grants provide the working funds nonprofits require to sustain day-to-day operations and support the creation of innovative new programs and cultural experiences.
The Charter Grant program gives arts and heritage organizations the financial stability, autonomy, and flexibility necessary to direct their spending toward the most critical expenses such as salaries, administrative costs, technology, personnel training, fundraising and marketing. By providing unrestricted investments that help sustain organizations, the Charter Grant Program acknowledges that the arts are part of our rich heritage and our bright future – alive with the endless possibility of a higher quality of life for all.
About Charter Grants:
- Provides critical, unrestricted support to organizations with a primary mission of arts and/or heritage.
- Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements to apply for funding, as described in Guidelines.
- Rigorous application review process assures donors that the Greater Hartford Arts Council holds funded organizations accountable to high artistic, managerial and fiscal standards in order to provide a diverse array of high quality cultural experiences for residents and visitors of Greater Hartford
- Review criteria include management, programming excellence, community impact, financial oversight, and compliance with Arts Council requirements.
- Review panels are comprised of Arts Council Board members and peers from the field. Panel recommendations reviewed by the Arts Council's Board of Directors for final approval.
Contact José Feliciano, Manager of Granting Programs, at 860-525-8629 ext. 245 or JFeliciano@LetsGoArts.org.
The 2017 Charter Grant program is closed to new applicants.
Current grantees and applicants are invited to review the guidelines & application materials below:
2017 Charter Guidelines
2017 Charter Grant Narrative Application
2017 Charter Grant Finance Form & Narrative
2017 Charter Grant Organization Profile Form (Attachment A)
2017 Charter Grant United Arts Campaign Participation Summary (Attachment E)
Deadlines & Timeline
Governance & Management Attachments due February, 16, 2017 (Includes Attachments A & E)
Financial Narrative & Attachments due March 2, 2017
Application Narrative & Attachments due March 23, 2017
Please see guidelines regarding details on grant announcements.
Late applications are not accepted.
What Charter grantees are saying
Download the 2016 Sample Report